A blue badge was awarded to Sam Falzone for completing his red badge preparation.
1. Mike Hoey announced that he had returned from his President Elect Training (PET) Conference. While there he received a trophy for being the first to sign up.
Next will be training conferences for the Rotary Foundation (two members needed) and the Board of Officers and Directors. They will take place at Canon High School in the Victorville area on April 11, 2015..
2. Chris Haddow announced that the Magic Castle event will take place on March 27, 2015. Those signed up will meet at the Magic Castle at 5:20 p.m. The cost is $120 per attendee.
3. Jim Rider announced that Monte Carlo Casino Night is scheduled for Saturday April 18, 2015. The food will be prepared by the Derby restaurant.
Frank Hall added that we still need an additional $250 sponsorship.
4. John Wilson announced that on February 21, the demolition work project at the Boys and Girls Club in Monrovia took place. This coming weekend (February 28-29, 2015) volunteers will be needed who are skilled in mud and tape and drywall patching.
5. Don Milefchik announced that the Day at the Races set for March 13, 2015 will not take place, due to Santa Anita Race Track’s failure to offer the terms which they had provided for us in the past. Instead, Rotary will meet at Embassy Suites.
6. Glen Oyoung announced that the Special Olympics are coming to Los Angeles in July. Arcadia will be a host town On March 9 and 10, 2015, there will be a pizza night at B.J.’s Restaurant with half of the cost going to the Special Olympics. The Rotary Foundation has also contributed money.
[In Sequence: February 28-29 (Boys and Girls Club project), March 9-10 (pizza night to benefit Special Olympics), March 13 (no Day at the Races), March 27 (Magic Castle night), April 11 (training seminars for foundation members, officers and directors), April 18 (Monte Carlo Casino Night)]