Announcements for April 27, 2012
- Mike Ojeda announced the Cinco De Mayo luncheon to be held next Friday, May 4th, at Matt Denney’s restaurant at noon. He encouraged us to bring potential members.
- The Arboretum Grow Festival will be held the weekend of May 5 and 6, according to Rosie Mares. She needs more volunteers to help, and has passes for those who have signed up. Please contact Rosie if you would like to help.
- Marie Salcido is looking for volunteers to help with the Salute to Seniors luncheon on Tuesday, May 8th. She will need people to set up the tables between 10:15 and 10:45, and servers from 11:15 on and a cleanup crew after the luncheon.
- John Murphy said we would be dark at noon on May 18 since we will have our Membership Appreciation Dinner that night from 5:30 to 8 PM. Bring your spouse or significant other to this event being organized by George Fasching. There will be an open bar, dinner catered by The Derby, and music. It will be held in the Celebration Garden at the Arboretum, with easy access from the parking lot near Ayres Hall.
- The Arcadia Partners is hosting a brunch and tour of the Chinese and Japanese gardens at the Huntington Library on Sunday, May 20. The tour will start at 10:15 with brunch being served at 11:45. Cost is $60 per person but only $28 if you don’t stay for brunch.
- Bruce McCallum announced a popular event that will occur on Sept. 27th; the Taste of Arcadia. The gate will open at 5:30 and tickets if pre ordered will cost $40 and $60 if you get them at the event.
- The District Conference will be held Friday, May 31 through Sunday, June 3rd. It will be at the Lake Arrowhead Resort. Ralph Orr advised us to contact Brad, Eric, or Mimi for more information.
- Richard Schulhof announced a party at the Arboretum next Friday night, before the Grow Festival Sat. and Sunday. The event will be . from 5 to 8 pm and will be a Celebratation of Things Botanical. There will be live music, complementary hors d’ eurves, and wine and tequila tastings available for purchase. Richard asked that you email him if you would like to attend.