1. The District Conference will be held at the Lake Arrowhead Resort from 05/31/2012 to 06/03/2012. If you are going make sure you make room reservations ASAP.
2. The club will be dark at the Embassy Suites on Friday 05/04/2012 as we will be meeing at Matt Denney’s restaurant on that date. Plan on celebrating Cinco de Mayo a day early.
3. Arcadia Partners is hosting a brunch and tour of the renovated Japanese Garden and the Chinese Garden at the Huntington Library on Sunday 05/20/2012. Be there at 10:15 A.M. Cost for the brunch and tour is $60/person but if you only want to go on the tour it is $28/person. Sign up sheets will be going around at the club meetings.
4. George Fasching announced that theclub will be having its Member Appreciation Dinner on Friday 05/18/2012 from 5:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. in the Celebration Garden (formerly Sunset Garden) at the Arboretum. Bring your partner or significant other for an evening of music, dinner (by The Derby), hosted bar and good fellowship. It’s the club’s way of saying “thank you” to its members. There will be easy access to the Celebration Garden from the parking lot near Ayres Hall. Look for the Rotary sign.
5. Rosie Mares announced that the Arboretum Grow Festival will be held at the Arboretum on the weekend of 05/05/2012 and 05/06/2012 with a special evening event on Friday 05/04/2012. She needs volunteers to help set up and to work 2 hour shifts manning the Rotary booth at the festival. Signup sheets will be going around at the club meetings.
6. The club’s Salute to Seniors luncheon will be on Tuesday 05/08/2012. Chairman Mary Salcedo needs volunteers to help her at this great civic event.